Put your teamwork to the test with Project Pipeline. During this event, your team will be split into smaller groups and assigned an 8’x 8’ area. With limited supplies consisting of bamboo, PVC piping, tying materials, etc., each group will construct a section of the delivery system. Once completed, all sections are linked together with the goal of successfully carrying marbles from the starting point to the end canister, assisted only by gravity.
This program utilizes your team’s ability to communicate effectively in a fun and challenging way. Delegation, organization, and creativity are all key elements for a successful pipeline.
The Team Experience:
- Kickoff begins with an exciting mini pipeline activity
- Your team will be split into smaller groups and given instructions on how to obtain the materials needed to begin construction
- Each group will plan, construct and decorate their section of the pipeline while collaborating with other groups to ensure a smooth transition between the segments
- Once completed, individual pipeline sections will be tested to expose any weak points
- For the main event, the facilitator will first send a single marble through the full length of the pipeline, hoping it will complete its journey from start to finish and usually resulting in a rousing response from the participants
- Allowing for some final tweaks, the pipeline is put to the test by measuring the maximum number of marbles it can deliver over a specific length of time (for large groups, various pipelines are built, making this phase a competition between teams)
- A group picture will be taken with the pipeline at the end to capture this exciting moment
Let's put our "Game Engineers" to work for you.