Competition & Collaboration Workshop
Classic team building at its best! Also known as The Big Info Swap, teams are assigned an exciting challenge to master independently through a process of continuous improvement. At the halfway mark, teams are paired together and tasked with sharing best practices in order to beat the best result, which is established by each team in round one.
This sharing of best practices and exchange of information moves the participants from competitors to collaborators, now rooting for one another to the benefit of both the individual and the company at large.
Ready For A Proposal?
The Team Experience:
- Kickoff begins with a lively and proven opening activity
- The group is divided into teams of approximately ten participants and assigned to a challenge station
- The station facilitator demonstrates the challenge to all teams assigned to said challenge
- Challenges may include; On Target: participants take on various roles and earn as many points as possible by launching tennis balls into color coded receptacles while remaining behind boundary lines; Pipeline: timed exercise involving moving the most marbles using only assigned PVC supplies; Magnifying Glass: participants line up (in order) a set of sketches representing the action of zooming in on an object or setting.
- Communication is key as multiple rounds are attempted by teams to master the station challenge, pursue continuous improvement and achieve the best score
- At the halfway point, the entire group is called in for a surprise twist where teams assigned a different challenge in round one are now paired together and information is shared between them in an effort to position each other to beat their high score
- Team successes now depend on whether they were able to help the other team beat their original high score
- The program finale includes a full group debrief where teams discuss their experiences during the program and how they may be representative of their everyday work projects
Success Stories From Our Clients...
Similar Activities You May Like
Igniting Team Performance
A proven team development exercise, ITP runs your group through a progressive series of...
Emotional Intelligence 2.0
IQ or EQ? Which is more important? A survey by CareerBuilder revealed that “71 percent of employers...
Maximize the talent on your team with a DISC 2.0 workshop! DISC is a highly validated, user-friendly behavior model that explains why...
Speed Networking Workshop
Speed Networking Workshop combines stimulating get-to-know-you discussions with a series of...
Need a customized event or have an idea for a new one?
Let's put our "Game Engineers" to work for you.